Monday, July 6th, 2015

                  Posts Comments


The Bureau of Immigration has updated their entire website, and it’s looking really good. The most important links are easy to find, all the forms are downloadable, and all the requirements and fees are up to date and listed. Procedures for carrying out applications are detailed and explained in a clear, step-by-step format to reduce confusion.

An Emigration Clearance Certificate or ECC is REQUIRED for all those on a Tourist visa who have stayed for more than 6 continuous months in the Philippines. It can be applied for at any Bureau of Immigration Satellite Office.

Travel Tax is a 1,620 peso fee that is charged at the airport upon departure from the Philippines. Normally it is NOT charged to those who are on a Tourist visa unless the Tourist has stayed in the Philippines continuously for more than a year.

Starting next month, if you visit the Philippines, you will be allowed to stay 30 days in the country instead of 21 days.

If you entered the Philippines with a Tourist visa and you want to extend your stay, it is now possible to apply for a 6 month visa extension rather than just a 2 month extension.

All resident foreign nationals in the country need to personally go to the Bureau of Immigration for their annual report starting January 3, authorities said. Failure to do so could result in foreigners being either fined or deported…

Visa extensions are one of the things that puzzles new arrivals here in the Philippines….How does it work? How long can I stay on an extended tourist visa? And how much does it cost?

A Philippines ACR I-card is an identification card issued by the Philippines Bureau of Immigration for foreigners from other countries staying here in the Philippines.

If you have come to the Philippines for the first time, most likely you just brought your passport and got a 21-day stamp at Immigration at the airport. Or possibly, you prepared a little bit beforehand, like me, and got a 59-day visa at the Philippines Consulate in your home country before you left to come here. Either way, these are both considered Tourist Visas and are under the Non-Immigrant Visa category.